Lecturers/Senior Lecturers in Fashion Communication
Due to the launch of our new intensive BA (Hons) Fashion Communication programme, we now have vacancies within our academic team. We are interested to hear from experienced lecturers with fashion industry experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media for Fashion
- Fashion Marketing & PR
- Fashion Media
- Fashion Journalism
- Magazine Publishing
Please be aware that we are NOT looking for Fashion Design lecturers, or any other fields of expertise other than those listed above. Teaching experience is essential.
The opportunities available include full and part-time positions offered on permanent and fixed-term contracts, as well as visiting lecturer vacancies. The exact nature of each role will be dependent on the subject specialism and level of experience of the applicant. If you prefer to have an informal discussion in the first instance, please email the Academic Director: email@example.com
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching across all offered courses at the college in accordance with our Learning, Teaching & Enhancement Strategy.
- Develop appropriate course material that is regularly updated to reflect latest industry developments.
- Identify and deliver high quality learning opportunities for students that will contribute to an exceptional student experience.
- Supervise external visits, student projects and college-based activities.
- Provide effective formative and summative feedback to students, ensuring clear and timely delivery with reference to set assessment criteria.
- Support and participate in the internal moderation process, ensuring a fair and transparent approach to feedback.
- Take responsibility for own specific area of expertise.
- Encourage open and effective communication with the student body, recognising and resolving any issues that could impact on the quality of the student experience.
- Work with the wider academic and college team on: course organisation, curriculum development, quality assurance, student support, and marketing and recruitment.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Significant experience in the fashion and/or creative industries in one of the subject areas noted.
- Experience of teaching or delivering training and developing associated materials.
- Extensive, expert knowledge of one of the identified subject areas.
- A Degree level qualification as a minimum.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and build rapport with students and collaborate successfully with colleagues.
To apply for this vacancy please use the following link: http://condenastuk.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Lecturers-Senior-Lecturers-in-Fashion-Communication/533